Voting On Election Day
The polls are open in the Town of Falmouth on Election Day from 7:00am to 8:00pm.
For information on where you vote or what precinct you live in visit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website or call the Town Clerk's Office at 508-495-7350.
- When you approach the check-in table, first tell the poll worker the street name and number where you live and then your full name. The poll worker will repeat your information, then issue you a ballot.
- Regardless of whether you have voted in the pass, if you have not returned your annual census for the current year you will be listed as an inactive voter . You will still be allowed to vote, but you will have to show ID and sign statement that you still reside at your current address.
- If your name does not appear on the voting list, ask the poll worker to contact the Town Clerk's Office to determine if you are registered in another precinct. If you are you may go to that polling place and cast your ballot. If it is determined you are not on any voting list, but you believe you have registered, you may request a "Provisional Ballot" A determination of whether that ballot is counted is made after the close of polls. The determination will be made regardless of whether it will make a difference in the outcome of the election.
- In a primary election, voters who are registered in a political party may only obtain a ballot for that party. If you are an "un-enrolled voter" (commonly referred to as an "independent voter") you may request the ballot of any party participating in the primary election.
- Once you have received a ballot you may proceed to the voting booth for privacy. Completely fill in the oval to the right of your choice using only the pens provided in the polling booth.
- If you need assistance, you may be accompanied by someone who can provide the needed assistance or request a poll worker to provide assistance.
- If you make a mistake or "spoil" your ballot you may request a new ballot from a poll worker.
- Once you have completed your ballot proceed to the check-out table and give the poll worker your street and number where you live, then your full name. You can then slide your ballot into the ballot box.