As of March 17, 2020 all 26F-1/2 Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Compliance Inspections are canceled until further notice. This precautionary measure, upon recommendation of State and Local Officials, is necessary to reduce face-to–face public interaction.
These steps will assist in protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, which serves on the front lines of preparing and reacting to the COVID-19 outbreak, as well as the members of our community.
What you can expect to happen once Compliance Inspections resume:
1. Fire Prevention Inspectors will reschedule previously booked and canceled inspections on the first available day.
2. Fire Prevention will contact the person who booked the inspection and work to determine a reschedule date for the inspections.
3. Rescheduling of canceled inspections will start with inspections booked and canceled starting with the first day of canceled inspections. The first day of canceled inspections will be March 18, 2020.
4. Once Compliance Inspections resume, Fire Prevention Inspectors will clear additional space on their schedules in effort to swiftly accommodate those inspections that were canceled.
5. Until such time that Compliance Inspections resume Fire Prevention will not be booking any additional inspections.
Thank you for your anticipated understanding and support