To consider projects and make recommendations to town meeting for appropriations which, first, preserve open space, provide affordable housing or historic preservation, and, second, benefit recreational opportunities.
The Community Preservation Committee is a town committee established by town bylaw at the Spring 2005 Annual Town Meeting.
Meetings - open to the public
- 6:00 p.m.
- In most cases - Jan thru Aug - second Thursday of month; Sept & Oct - 2nd and 4th Thursdays; Nov - 1st and 3rd Thursdays; Dec - 1st and 3rd Thursday
- School Administration Building or Town Hall Civil Defense Room
Check posted agenda for correct location
Office Hours - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9:00 to 4:00 p.m.
1) The 2021 CP Fund project application deadline (August 12, 2020) remains under review by the CPC due to the situation surrounding the pandemic and the recessed Town Meeting. The revised application deadline will be affected by the Town Moderator's decision about when Town Meeting will re-convene. The decision is expected on July 22, 2020. Potential CP Fund project applicants can expect a deadline delay of approximately one month, with the understanding that changes may yet occur depending upon circumstances that continue to evolve. When the CPC has made its decision regarding the 2021 application schedule and deadline, the information will be posted here.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Community Preservation Fund Allowable Spending Purposes (PDF)
- CP Fund Distributions 2015 (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Non-Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Full 182-Page Document (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Presentation by Eric Dray, April 14, 2016 (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan - Final - 1 7 19
- Criteria for Time Urgency of a CP Fund Project
- Master Plan Report Falmouth - Final - 2-21-2017
- Condition Rating Report 6-3-2015
- CP PLAN Final 7- 11-2019
- CPC Operating Procedures - Final 7-11-2019
- List of projects by funding category - CH HP OS Rec
- CP Fund Application-Com Hsg, Open Space, and Rec Due 8-12-2020
- CP Fund Application-Historic Preservation - Due 8-12-2020 -