Precinct 1 Thursday, April 5th 7:00pm at the Civil Defense Room, Town Hall
Precinct 2 Thursday, April 5th 7:00pm at the Civil Defense Room, Town Hall
Precinct 3 Wednesday April 4th 7:00pm at the Gus Canty Center
Precinct 4 Tuesday, March 27th 7:00pm at the East Falmouth Elementary School
Precinct 5 Thursday, April 5th 7:00pm at the North Falmouth Elementary School
Precinct 6 Thursday, April 5th 7:00pm at the North Falmouth Elementary School
Precinct 7 Tuesday, March 27th 7:00pm at the East Falmouth Elementary School
Precinct 8 Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:00pm at the Jewish Congregation Community Center
Precinct 9 Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:00pm at the Jewish Congregation Community CenterClick here to add content...
Precinct Captains, Deputies and Clerks will schedule precinct meetings approximately one to two weeks prior to Town Meeting. Meetings will be post on this page.
Goals of the precinct meetings
- Increase and improve communication with all Town Meeting members by informing them about issues relating to upcoming Town Meetings
- Prepare Town Meeting members to actively contribute to Town Meeting
- Encourage Town Meeting members to reach out for broader community contributions
- Involve more town residents in Town Meeting process
Guidelines for precinct meetings
- Captain should set clear guidelines on how the meeting will be run.
- Should always be non-partisan and not advocate for or against any issue.
- Precinct Captain may moderate or ask another Town Meeting member to assist as moderator; both should be familiar with the warrant.
- Supporters of an article should know that they have a limited amount of time for their presentation and questions (suggestion is 10 minutes total, depending on length of warrant).
- Utilize representatives of Town boards and committees to answer questions.
- Captains should be flexible with the order in which article are discussed, representatives of the Town and Supporters of an article may have more than one meeting to attend
- It is the responsibility of supporters of an article of who wish to make a presentation, to let the Captain know prior to the meeting.
- A certain amount of discussion is healthy, but encourages attendees to save actual debate of articles for Town Meeting.