- 7 p.m.
- Every Wednesday
- Falmouth Town Hall
59 Town Hall Square
Falmouth, MA 02540
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Jamie Mathews, Chair, June 30, 2022
- Russ Robbins, Vice Chair, June 30, 2022
- Courtney Bird, June 30, 2022
- Elizabeth Gladfelter, June 30, 2021
- Maureen Harlow-Hawkes, June 30, 2021
- Stephen Patton, June 30, 2020
- Mark Gurnee, June 30, 2020
- Kevin O'Brien (Alternate), June 30, 2020
- Peter Walsh (Alternate), June 30, 2022
The mission of the Falmouth Conservation Commission is to implement the goals of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (CMR 10.00) and the Falmouth Wetlands Regulations (Code of Falmouth chapter 235). The Commission serves to protect and conserve the plants, animals, and natural communities that are dependent upon the wetlands resources of the Town of Falmouth. This is accomplished by regulating activities deemed by the Conservation Commission as likely to have a significant or cumulative effect upon the values of these resource areas, namely, but not limited to, public or private water supply protection; groundwater protection; flood control; erosion and sedimentation control; storm damage prevention; water pollution control; fisheries, shellfish, wildlife and plant species and habitat protection; agriculture; aesthetics; and recreation and aquaculture. Additionally, the Falmouth Conservation Commission manages all Town conservation lands in order to protect and sustain these natural ecosystems for current and future generations to use and enjoy.
Services & Materials We Provide to Public
In addition to providing support for the Conservation Commission, the Conservation Department provides general guidance to individuals and/or their representatives in obtaining state and town permits from the Conservation Commission for work within a 100 feet distance of any Resource Area(s).
Administrator available by appointment only. Walk-in hours for questions with our Agent:
- Tuesdays 8-11 a.m.
- Fridays 1-4 p.m.
- Please call 508-495-7445 to confirm walk-in hours the day before you plan to visit. The Conservation Office is open Monday through Friday (with the exception of Holidays) and is closed from 1- 2 p.m. for lunch.
- All hearings will be as advertised in the Falmouth Enterprise at least 7 days prior to the hearing date. Public Meetings are posted in Town Hall a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.