Little Pond Sewer Service Area (LPSSA) Project
- The entire Little Pond Sewer Service Area is available for sewer connection. All properties in the Service Area are required to connect to the sewer.
- For the Falmouth Heights portion of the LPSSA, the final deadline for connection to the sewer system is May 31st, 2018.
- For the remainder of the LPSSA (Maravista, Teaticket Highway, Spring Bars Road, Worcester Court north of Spring Bars Road) the final deadline for connection to the sewer system is April 30th, 2019.
- Sewer connection may begin only all required permits are acquired.
Project BackgroundThe goal of the Little Pond Sewer Service Area project is to improve water quality in Little Pond. The project includes connection of approximately 1,400 properties on the Maravista peninsula and the eastern portion of Falmouth Heights to the existing Town sewer system, construction of approximately 16 miles of sewer pipe (gravity main, low pressure main, and force main), and construction of 2 new sewer lift stations, one at the end of Alphonse Street and 1 on Spring Bars Road.
Three other related projects have recently been completed:
- Upgrades to the Main Wastewater Treatment Plant at 154 Blacksmithshop Road
- Construction of 2 new treated wastewater recharge beds at the Town's Main Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Upgrades at the 3 existing wastewater lift stations affected by the Little Pond Sewer Service Area flow
- Information on the Combined Permit Process
- Information on Grinder Pumps
- LPSSA Betterment 2017
- Betterment Presentation 2016
- Betterment Policy 2015
Tax Credit Information
- A Verification Letter (PDF) was mailed to all LPSSA Property owners in late October 2016, for use in applying for a Title V Tax Credit, if applicable.
- This Memo (PDF) provides some information about the letter and the Tax Credit; however, this is for general information only. Please Consult a Tax Advisor for individual applicability
- A public / property owner LPSSA project information meeting was held Wednesday May 3rd 2017 at 7:00 pm at the Morse Pond School, 323 Jones Road.
- A public information meeting was held at Falmouth High School on Tuesday July 12th at 7 p.m. Review the Wastewater Superintendent's presentation (PDF) at that meeting.
- The Falmouth Heights-Maravista Neighborhood Association organized an Information EXPO which occurred before the Town's Information Meeting from 4-7 p.m. A link to the full FCTV recording of the evening's presentations and a summary of the Info Session and Expo are found on the Falmouth Heights-Maravista Neighborhood Association Website.
Paving Maravista Ave at Priscilla St 4-11-17
Paving Maravista Ave 4-11-17
Paving Stowers St 4-5-16
Installing Stormwater Catch Basin Maravista Avenue - October 26, 2016
Residential Grinder Pump Unit Being Installed in Falmouth Heights - October 26, 2016
Testing New Alphonse Street Lift Station With Water - October 26, 2016