- Monitors energy usage by the various Town functions and Departments. Prepares, analyzes and presents reports summarizing and tracking energy usage information.
- Updates Town emissions inventory as prepared by the Energy Committee.
- Assists in the formulation, implementation and tracking of energy efficiency programs and measures employed by the municipality.
- Works with the Energy Committee and Town Departments to assist in the implementation of the Town's Climate Action plan.
- Tracks and reports on energy savings and dollar savings as a result of energy conservation programs and measures.
- Works directly with personnel in the various Town Departments to assist in communicating and establishing energy conservation measures and programs.
- Helps to motivate Departments to participate fully in all energy conservation programs.
- Reports on Departmental compliance with established procedures related to energy usage; Arranges for training of Town personnel to assist in building local capacity for developing and implementing energy
- Develops and assists in the implementation of prioritized plans for energy efficiency renovations to Town Buildings and Structures; Researches, develops and makes recommendations on standards and procedures for energy efficiency and renewable energy in renovation and new construction projects for Town buildings and structures.
- Communicates with the general public on matters of energy conservation and energy related issues; serves as the spokesperson for energy conservation issues; meets and discusses issues with town officials.
- Coordinates the tracking and reporting of energy created by the Town wind turbine and completes all appropriate reporting to ensure maximum credit for power produced.