Community Preservation Fund/Community Preservation Committee
BackgroundIn accordance with the statute, the Falmouth Community Preservation Committee (CPC) was formed for the purpose of considering projects and making recommendations to Town Meeting for appropriations from the Community Preservation Fund. The CPC meets regularly, primarily to review application for projects in the four funding areas, but also to conduct other necessary business as part of its function as steward of the Falmouth Community Preservation Fund.
In the spring of 2005, Falmouth adopted the Community Preservation Act, M.G.L. Ch. 44B, establishing a special fund of monies, the Community Preservation Fund, to be appropriated and spent for certain open space, historic resources, and affordable housing purposes. In 2012, recreation was included in this list of categories of allowable expenditures.
Mission Statement of the Community Preservation Committee
Meetings - open to the public via Zoom Webinar until further notice
- 6:00 p.m.
- When in-person meetings resume: In most cases - Jan thru Aug - second Thursday of month; Sept & Oct - 2nd and 4th Thursdays; Nov - 1st and 3rd Thursdays; Dec - 1st and 3rd Thursday
- School Administration Building or Town Hall Civil Defense Room
Check posted agenda for correct location
Office Hours - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9:00 to 4:00 p.m.
For April 2021 new project applicants:
1) The CPC voted a revised CP Fund 2021 project application schedule at its July 9, 2020 meeting due to the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the recessed Town Meeting. The CPC will consider project applications for April 2021 Town Meeting that are time-urgent only. Please see the Memo re Revised CP Fund 2021 Application Schedule posted below.
Requirements and Deadlines:
2) Potential 2021 new time-urgent project applicants were required to complete the CP Fund Preliminary Funding Request due on August 19, 2020. Following CPC and staff review of the preliminary request, two eligible applicants were invited to complete and submit a full time-urgent CP Fund application by October 8, 2020. Criteria for Time Urgency of a CP Fund Project is posted below.
Revised CP Fund Applications- one for community housing, open space, and recreation, and one for historic preservation - due on October 8, 2020 are posted below.
3) Town Meeting on September 14, 2020, approved all remaining 11 CPC articles from the April 2020 Warrant.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Community Preservation Fund Allowable Spending Purposes (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Non-Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Full 182-Page Document (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Presentation by Eric Dray, April 14, 2016 (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan - Final - 1 7 19
- Criteria for Time Urgency of a CP Fund Project
- Master Plan Report Falmouth - Final - 2-21-2017
- Condition Rating Report 6-3-2015
- CPC Operating Procedures - Final 7-11-2019
- List of projects by funding category - CH HP OS Rec
- Memo re Revised CP Fund 2021 Application Schedule_0001
- CP Fund Preliminary Funding Request 7-14-2020docx
- Community Preservation Plan Approved 7-9-2020
- CPC Operating Procedures Approved 7-9-2020
- Revised CP Fund Application CH OS Rec-Time-Urgent- Deadline 10-8-2020
- Revised CP Fund Application Hist Pres - Time-Urgent Deadline 10-8-2020